Grilling beef and chicken is a familiar practice for most of us. Try changing up your routine with this grilled tuna steak recipe. Popular for its Omega 3 oil and low amount of fat, tuna steak is a great grilling alternative. Tuna steak cooks quickly and can be served quite rare. So fire up the grill and enjoy!
– 2 medium sized tomatoes, peeled and seeded
– 3 green onions, chopped finely
– 5-10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
– salt to taste
– 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
– 2 TBSP olive oil
– 1.5 lbs tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
– olive oil
– fresh ground black pepper
– Peel, seed, and cut the tomatoes. To peel the tomatoes, place in boiling water for 20-30 seconds, then peel immediately.
– Add the onions, salt, lime juice, and olive oil, and mix. This works best if prepared at least an hour prior to serving so the tomatoes and onions get a chance to marinate.
– Rub the tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
– Preheat grill to high
– Clean and oil the grate
– Cook the steaks 5 minutes on one side, and 3 minutes the other (for medium rare, slightly pink in the center)
– Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes
– Serve with the relish