Grilling beef and chicken is a familiar practice for most of us. Try changing up your routine with this grilled tuna steak recipe. Popular for its Omega 3 oil and low amount of fat, tuna steak is a great grilling alternative. Tuna steak cooks quickly and can be served quite rare. So fire up the grill and enjoy!
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 3 green onions, chopped finely
- 5-10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- salt to taste
- 3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1.5 lbs tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Peel, seed, and cut the tomatoes. To peel the tomatoes, place in boiling water for 20-30 seconds, then peel immediately.
- Add the onions, salt, lime juice, and olive oil, and mix. This works best if prepared at least an hour prior to serving so the tomatoes and onions get a chance to marinate.
- Rub the tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to high
- Clean and oil the grate
- Cook the steaks 5 minutes on one side, and 3 minutes the other (for medium rare, slightly pink in the center)
- Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes
- Serve with the relish