- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 gloves of garlic, sliced or chopped.
- 1 pound of whole mushrooms (small to medium size)
Total time: 25 minutes
Ready the next day.
Brush the the mushrooms and wash them. Cut a 1/2 of the stem off. Combine everything but the mushrooms into a pan and bring to a boil. Add the mushrooms and boil covered for 10 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. Serve as an apetizer or as part of an antipasti plate.
To avoid wasting the rest of the red bell pepper, why not make marinated red bell peppers at the same time?
Looking for an alternative to marinated mushrooms? Try Mushrooms a la grecque.